Monday, April 02, 2007

OK, so March kicked my butt big time!! But Gulf Wars was divine, I and my house are still recovering. I have also learned new tricks. I've learned smocking, knitting, tablet weaving, and warping a loom. I taught a period cooking with herbs class. I met a lot of nice new people and hung out a bunch. It was relaxing and the lawyers did not call. YAH!! But I'm being deposed again, (BOOO) so my week long vacation means that I am quickly needing another vacation to relax from the catch up required for being gone for a week. Go figure that one out. And I bought stuff. Lots of stuff. A new helmet to go fight in, a new period basket to carry things in, proper silk and linen thread from the lace making shop that is perfect for embroidery....Oh yes, Laurels are a wonderful thing. Befriend them any time you can, because you never know when one will say, "ohhh I know where to get that" after a good whine session about the lack of proper materials for one's current obsession. YLI silk thread in #30 weight is perfect double stranded for embroidery and comes in every color in the rainbow. New favorite place to spend money- www.lacemakerusa.com Their shop at the war was fantastic. I just didn't tell the husband that I spent nearly $100 on thread. I'm not sure he would approve.

Well, on to new projects!! It can't be a new Month without new projects!!. A and I both need new garb for Coronation which is set in 1509 this year. Since I don't want to do English, it's going to be Italian. I get a new red wool dress with black velvet sleeves and guards and he's getting a new black linen coat with a red linen doublet if I can finish it all in time.
Mine should look something like this:


His should look something like this:


Ok, so his is a little later, bit I want him to wear is more than once and he likes REALLY late period
Well, off to the cutting table, I'm going to have to hustle to finish by April 21, yep that's 3 weeks away and I am back to crazy again. Sorry, I just can't help myself. It's not a real project unless I've cussed at it, bled on it, thrown it across the room, or created an unreasonable deadline for it. That's just the way this works.
Let's see how far I get!
Alliessa



2 Comments:

At 5:06 AM, Blogger Julebug said...

April 21st has come and gone--inquiring minds must know if you finished your projects in time! :)

 
At 8:21 PM, Blogger Allessia said...

Actually, I DID finish my projects. Hubby has declared his new red linen doublet his most favorite thing EVER. I got the dress done, and wore it for the event but have now taken it completly apart for refitting. It was too long at the waist and thus very uncomfortable. And this is a month later than you posted, sorry I am so slow.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home