Monday, February 19, 2007

OK, sorry for the long time between posts, but I've been sick and in depositions at work. That is a very nasty combination, trust me. Silk sewing thread is by a company called Clover and it's made in Japan. I used 2 strands, just like traditional embroidery thread. It worked really well on my mid weight chemise. I chickened out on the light weight chemise becasue I only have 2 tiny spools of it, and I thought the embroidery thread would be easier to get. And technically it is, but I hated working with it so I will be trying new brands AND looking for more silk sewing thread. If you have a source, I'd try it. It also washes beautifully, which the Krelik did not do.
But I have almost completed more camping dresses, and I've bought a ton of linen from www.fabric-store.com I love that place for linen and they have some new ultra sheer hankie weight liene cotten blend that I'm going to try for undies and partlets. My next fabric to find is wool. I need wool, lot's of wool. And I want a red wool dress for some reason. I am just on a red kick right now. But I am going to bed and hoping to post pictures of things before the weekend.
Bye,
Alliessa

1 Comments:

At 4:00 PM, Blogger Julebug said...

Sorry to hear that you've been ill. I hope you feel better soon, and good luck on your wool quest. Clover thread sound familiar. I have to check on it and get back to you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home